BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 12, 2009

This one is for all those who have lost a loved one.

The following is a poem that I wrote in memory of my grandma, she passed away April 5th, 2009 I was living with her, when I woke up, I found that she had passed... so here's to you grandma:



Yesterday I looked at you,
We shared a laugh
Today I find you
But you have gone

Today my life has been flipped
Turned upside down by all these events
Hard to believe that it has been half a year
I still ponder the question,
was there anything I could have done?

I still have questions,
But have found no answers
I look at your picture...
But only see a hole
You meant the world to me

Today I lie on the floor
A broken man
Heart lies tattered on the ground
Though I try to hide it,
I still can't see through the tears

Yesterday we hugged,
Last night we said goodnight
And today you are gone
And I am left with memoirs

My angel lies next to me
My demon strangles me
I am left with no more sorrows

Looked in the mirror today
And thought i caught a glimpse of your face
But when i turned to look, it was gone

Although nothing that I do will bring you back
Your memory is alive and well in my heart
I weep silent tears tonight
I long to hear your voice
I long to sit next to you,
I long to be your shoulder,
One more time


But for now these are only lost hopes
For I saw you in the casket
And I see you in the ground

So whilst writing this,
I weep silently
Whilst my angel hugs me

What i would give to hold you
In my arms one last time
Alas 'tis only a dream

I can only look up and hope that you are looking back
and nothing more

I listen to your song,
And remember the joy that it brought to you
It lulls me to sleep tonight
As I weep into my pillow
To look foward to seeing you in my dreams
But not when I wake

But for now I saw my goodbye
And hope to visit you soon

2 comments:

pathetic prophet said...

You've cried the cry of all of us who have lost loved ones, a heart-felt agony of loss. It will be less painful in the future, but never gone. It's one of the unpleasant results of caring for someone, but the caring is what makes life worth living. She gave so much to your life, now it's time for you to follow her example, and give to others.
Shalom

pathetic prophet said...

I meant to add this this poem was a good way of beginning that process; it will helps lots of people who read it

Where is everyone from?